What has happened to me??? You know...me, the person who avidly avoids household humdrum, who has to have lots of loud raucous music to plow through cleaning a room, or better....we can just shut the door right?!.........I----ironed----the----shower----curtain....ya'll, I think I have been possessed by some Martha Stewart-y being that enjoys cleaning and organizing and .....well, order.....noooooooooooooo! I have been cleaning, rearranging, annnnnnnd getting a little girl room ready(instead of it looking like an episode of Hoarders because I placed all of our upcoming yardsale/fundraiser stuff in there).
I remember when I was expecting the boys, going through this nesting phase, but-well-that was eons ago(9 years with my youngest boy)---was I this way? Was I standing on the side of the shower so I could clean the top of the shower rod or standing on the counter top to clean the light fixtures....ha! no because I was the size of a Mac truck and balance was eluding me---but if I could'a, I would'a :)
What in the world causes this? What switch flips in our bodies and brains that otherwise would be eating strawberry pretzel salad with free minutes to spare that now has us cleaning absurdly or say....organizing the little play food in my soon to be pigtailed(insert squeal here) daughter's play kitchen(no seriously, I organized it like our pantry----hangs head in shame)????!!!
Don't get me wrong-I am enjoying every minute-I just don't understand where it comes from. My husband thinks it's hysterically funny and my kids think I've been taken over by aliens....normally I'm so laid back and just livin', I clean, but enough for things to be clean...I'd much rather practice my checker playing skills against the boys or watch them ride scooters in the driveway, maybe just hang out and chat with our neighbors. Anyone with answers or remedies, message me!
So anywho....where we're headed with this adopting process.....we are currently awaiting one more piece of paper to get us to the Article 5 part, it basically means our government has said, why yes Kulavich's, you in fact can bring your Ruthie home asap. Next we wade through a couple of more steps..... and then before we know it we'll be leaving on a jet plane(insert my voice now singing....leavin' on a jetplane...don't know when I'll be back again....leavin'....you get the idea) for our girl!!!
A few days ago I had the privilege of eating lunch with a couple of lady friends. We've known each other around 8'ish years. We each moved here around the same time and met at the gym after being here a couple of years, all of us quite unsure that our children were going to survive gym childcare(we had no idea that "Ms Earline" was ninja level, loves on your kids, has eyes in the back of her head child care giver extraordinaire! What started as a rocky, not sure we can survive these yoga classes(love you Tracy) turned into friendships that have lasted years. Our kids have grown up together....my friend who had the giant pigtails the first time I met her in yoga will soon be heading out on an adventure. Her family will be moving to New Zealand for a year. I hope they have the time of their lives and remember that they have to come back sometime...I'm not sure they have chicken poulet all the way in New Zealand.....or fruit tea :)
Which brings me to WHAT we ate at our little lunch.....ya'll.....mercy....I ate the biggest serving of the best chicken poulet, lots of green beans, a giant yeast roll,........and yep....if you're local you know what finishes off this combination of yumminess....strawberry pretzel salad....the word salad not describing at all what I really just ate. If you live nearby to the city of Madison, AL you know I'm talking about Main Street Cafe....if you have never been there....get thee to there! If you are ever going to visit....seriously, make time to have true Southern food in a fun location(it used to be a jail in the days of ol'). It's owned by a downtown local who has treated me and my guests to a great time every single time we've been there.
So, we've been harvesting all the goodness out of our garden before putting it to bed for the season. I've been freezing all kinds of veggies, I even made Cowboy Candy for the first time thanks to my sis-in-law's recipe...although I may have to hide it in a secret location to keep her out of it ;) The boys were so excited we finally got watermelons from the garden. They have watched them from day 1, babying them in hopes of eating them on a hot summer day....totally worth it!
I finished her crib skirt(I'll share pics later this week) earlier today, priorities right.....she can't come home to a crib without a crib skirt! I've pieced the top of her crib quilt together and have started sewing. We have little girl clothes scattered about and a play kitchen in our living room. Brent has been busy painting and sanding and sanding and painting.
We are still fundraising towards bringing this gal home, if you are interested in giving or sharing our information with others, here's our Lifesong account link, family number #4568/Kulavich.
Give Online
1. Go to www.lifesongfororphans.org/give/donate
2. Select Give to an Adoptive Family
3. Complete online form and fill in Family Account Number & Family Name Fields
*Please note that PayPal will charge an administrative fee (2.9% + $.30 USD per transaction). Your donation will be decreased by the amount of this fee.
Give by Check
Please make checks payable to Lifesong for Orphans.
In the memo please note your gift preference with Family Account Number and Family Name. (ie: Preference 4568/Kulavich) Please mail checks to:
Lifesong for Orphans
PO Box 40
Gridley, IL 61744
Lifesong has been blessed with a partner that underwrites all US administrative and fund-raising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the need…helping orphans.
Well, hopefully I'll have more news soon about the process as this part changes almost daily. Until then, please include our little girl in your prayers, please pray that He will prepare her little heart and soul for the many changes coming in her life, that He will put us in her dreams....she's certainly been in ours! Pray that our boys will continue to be open in minds and hearts to her. They're pretty excited about meeting her.
Here's my favorite tune I can't quit singing this week: Unspoken: Start A Fire
We recently had the privilege of hearing this band live at our church for a concert and they were great!
kk
No comments:
Post a Comment