So....I hope your summer is going great, lots of fun stuff you must be doing! We are having quite the summer...our veggie garden(also known as only quiet place in Kulavich-land) has been growing and putting out so many veggies and fruit, we had blueberries on our new shrubs for the first year, and I am hoping our figs will come along after such a cold winter(in comparison to our usual Southern winters of course). I l-o-v-e just going in and seeing what's going on under all those leaves. We have had a baby bunny take up residence in the garden....he was so cute just nibbling the peas- now he's started sawing down my asparagus like the Freddie Kreuger of bunnies and I *might* have to relocate him for that....not the asparagus, come on!
We've been baseballin' since I last wrote. We finished with a run in the DD World Series. What an experience!!! Done for the season..... I will miss it....I love watching them as they've grown as little baseball players. Every year they amaze me at how they adapt, learn, and play with such love for the game. We've been incredibly blessed this year with wonderful coaches who take time to really teach/coach. I will miss seeing everyone and their littles(who are not so little anymore) at the park.
School starts in a couple of weeks........SAY WHAT!!!!!.....I know, right....how is it that time already?! I can't believe summer's almost over. I have really enjoyed having my little guys at home. Time to get school supplies I guess ;)
So....adoption update...........we are showing Match Review(LID-logged in date then OOT-out of translation, then Review-making sure you meet all criteria, then Match Review-making sure you meet all criteria in consideration of the child you're matched with...finally LOA) in the database which means we are about two weeks away from receiving our LOA......ahem, that would be our Letter of Approval...... ahem, that would be the giant letter saying come on over and pick up your little girl!!!!!!!!! From that point we move between governments and finally land with a date to go pick her up :) I can't explain how excited we are to be moving forward.....y'all...our her....I look at her photo a bazillion times a day....I try to guess what size her foot is by trying to figure out how big the tile is she's standing on...I imagine she's grown since the photo was taken...I wonder how she's changed, what she's learning right now, she's at such a busy age :) I wonder at what point it became normal to miss someone I've never met. There is a definite space waiting just for her in our lives. Don't get me wrong, we've been living in the now, these our last few months as a family of 4. It's been a wonderful summer! But, we all find ourselves starting to wish she was here to enjoy many of the moments with us, this bittersweet normal you find yourself in where you want to live fully in the present, but realize a piece of your heart is on the other side of the planet...
It's been a summer of waiting, gaps of time filled investing in our little family, especially readying the boys for what's to come. They are pretty excited about meeting their little sister! They were so sweet, helping me pick fabric for her quilt. At first in the fabric store, they were not so excited to step foot inside....then they noticed scissors, clippers, and a myriad of other sharp, cutting tools that little boys must just be drawn towards for no other reason than they are boys.....after 'splaining to them that under no circumstance would they be touching, sword-fighting with, or helping others cut their fabric.....they decided I needed their assistance. I started with a stack of potential bolts of fabrics and they quickly moved in to put a little Kulavich boy stamp on our project. I think they did pretty darn good with their choices.
Now I'm kind of wondering if they'll help me sew it too.....I've never made a quilt before now, I watched my grandmother quilt when I was growing up, I loved watching how it seemed so effortless for her, second nature, and when other ladies were there around the quilt frame, I loved sitting just far enough they weren't focused on me, but still within earshot. My grandmother was ninja-level, mastered great friend....she was someone that people felt they could come to and pour out their souls, the secret keeper, the vault of worries, wants, and wishes for many. I watched her maneuver many minefields and mountains of life with these ladies, I couldn't help but wonder as I got older would I have her quiet soul, you know, there are just people who seem to be kindred souls that although by no means have lived a perfect life, they do life well, something to aspire to.....I've got a mini quilt that I'm making for the trip that I'm doing by hand, almost finished....I'll post a pic when I'm done and you can let me know should I proceed to crib quilt project 2014....
We have great news from a grant agency we applied to, we were granted a matching grant of $4500!!!(Let's see how many times I can work in the word grant) That means that LifeSong, the granting agency, will match contributions up to $4500, in other words we can double their grant $'s. You guys....this is huge!!! They have set up an account for us with LifeSong to collect donations. So, people can donate(if you are so inclined) to our account by following the directions below:
To Give by Check:
Please make checks payable to Lifesong for Orphans.
In the memo, please note your gift preference with Family Account Number and Family Name #4568 Kulavich
Please mail checks to:
Lifesong for Orphans
PO Box 40
Gridley, IL 61744
Lifesong has been blessed with a partner that underwrites all US administrative and fund-raising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the need…helping orphans.
To Give Online:
1. Go to www.lifesongfororphans.org/give/donate
2. Select Give to an Adoptive Family
3. Complete online form and fill in Family Account Number(4568) & Family Name(Kulavich) Fields
*Please note that PayPal will charge an administrative fee (2.9% + $.30 USD per transaction). Your donation will be decreased by the amount of this fee.
Individual donations $250 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $250 will gladly be sent upon request. Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.
I want to finish today's post with a song that just says what I've been feeling. As hard as all of this has been, as much as I want to get to her as soon as we can, I do feel stilled with peace that He is holding her in His hands, hands that love her even more than I could imagine, hands that have great plans for her, hands that will be there though all of it, the pretty and the messy. I want her to have that peace in her life, knowing that He is always, always there. There is a freedom in that peace that comes with understanding through the good, bad, and ugly....that He never changes, He planned for us all the way to the number of hairs on our heads, so we should get to living the gift of today, because that's what we have :)
Compass by Lady Antebellum
kk

No comments:
Post a Comment