Friday, September 13, 2013

Uncharted territory....

Okay...here we go...first blog post...ever! No pressure right? I mean this is just a permanent record for my kids to find and read someday, people I know, some I don't, to read now....oh, what the heck, let's do this!

My name is KK. Not really, but it is my nickname since I have a pretty long name and tortuous to most last name to spell (really folks, it's spelled phonetically). Anywho, I wanted a way to keep a written record for what's going on in our lives right now as well as be able to share our story with others. I've always enjoyed following a galpal of mine on her blog http://www.teamskelley.com/ and she so kindly got me going in the right direction to get this one off the ground. Yes, I know we started in July...it is September...head down, eyes averted...I type slow?  Wait...I know...I've been at the ballpark....Thank You Katie!

So the stats: I am a wife of almost 15 years, mom to the 2 most cute, rambunctious boys ever (10 and 8), and I am a consultant that contracts in the municipal sector. If I'm not outside refereeing a kickball mma match, pitching 4 seam vs 2 seam pitches, I'm race directing, Sunday School teaching, gardening, fishing, taking part in a Pinterest project that may or may not work.... much to my hubby's chagrin.... or having coffee at Starbucks while all the teeny boppers stare at us old farts...don't they know coffee stunts their growth. I've always lived in Alabama, just different regions and love how I landed in a place where very few are actually from here. I get to meet people from everywhere in the world but also watch as they come to love the state that I adore.

I live in the coolest place on the planet. It is a smaller city(45,000ish) but a cross between Savannah, GA and Star Wars. For those of you that live in Madison, AL you totally get that reference, for those of you that don't I'll 'splain:  This town used to be lots of cotton fields...literally. It still has all that great Southern sweet tea hug your grandmama charm but has acquired the most scientists and engineers per capita in the country(along with its neighbors Huntsville and Madison County) so we're kinda high tech too...you might be standing in the bread aisle discussing hotdog buns with the guy who just designed a hickie-ma-do that just got sent into space...literally. Academics and sports are uber competitive here but you will find just as many (some of the same) enjoying our geekery just as well. Oh and fyi...towns with oodles of engineers and scientists have breweries that make the best beer...just sayin'!

Sorry, I digress, back to the post...you see, our lives have really changed quite a bit in the last several months and are reallllly going to change in the next several more. I found I was missing ignoring an integral part of life, changed work course, we have decided to pursue an addition to our family through adoption, and became an aunt! I know right! For those of you that know us you went ohhh, oh?,then stopped and said what!!, and then awww. In the next posts I promise to give you the details of how we got to here.

God has been placing some pretty incredible people and direction in my life and it would be a shame for that story not to be told..... she'll (insert huge smile here) want to know it one day!

I hope you'll follow my story. We've got quite the journey ahead....

kk


No comments:

Post a Comment