Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What's in a name...

The past few weeks have been nothing short of awesome! Even in the not so pretty moments of normal life...it has rocked!

We have a receipt that our immigration paperwork is being processed! YAY! Home study ready and received back to us! YAY! Paperwork to China complete and ready when our immigration says GO! YAY! So, I know those of you that have gone through this are thinking ...is she nuts? It's weeks here and there of waiting, and then more waiting in between that, but I have to say, every day brings a surprise something or somebody our way and I am digging it!

I have been busy baking which I have really enjoyed! Friends have been ordering cakes, pies, and goodies.
It's been so much fun to get to see pics of them enjoying their goodies with their loved ones! It's also fantastic that some are dressed in purple when they get their treats.


I have been selling yardsale items on the local online site and have met some of the nicest people. So far, each time I have met someone and started to drive away post-transaction...."that" song comes on. I love it!!

I also received this from our sweet neighbor...

She said she thought of Ruthie when she saw it and her initials would look perfect on it :) I could have never guessed so many years ago when we moved in the ties that would bind our families together. He really does go before us!

Another friend that I served with during this past week's mission conference is generously holding a yard sale this spring to raise funds for Ruthie! When she told me, I know she must have thought that I was nuts, but I couldn't hardly speak....the sweetness and kindness of her heart is overwhelming.

I got to meet missionaries from all over the world this past week and weekend...it was amazing to spend time around them and hear about their work. Some are working here domestically and others abroad...all giving of themselves so that others will know Him.

Onto where this post's title is from....over the past several days, we've been here and there spending time in conversation and out of the blue people have made reference to our little pigtails in the sense of using her name in everyday passing....without listing out each moment...I guess what I'm trying to say is that people are using her name in a way that she isn't this unknown child/concept to them anymore than she is to us...she isn't this idea of an orphan who might come our way...she is a part of our life as well as theirs. It rocks me to my core every time.... how big He makes our hearts that we can love someone and include someone that we don't know yet!!!

So....we are participating in Forget The Frock(http://www.forgetthefrock.org/) It is a movement to forego the frills and such on Easter, instead wearing a shirt with a purpose. As many of you know we are selling tees to help pay for some of our expenses to bring our Pigtails home. We would be honored to see you rocking your Team Ruthie tees on Easter Sunday(it has purple on it...just sayin')! If you're interested in purchasing one(we have youth and adult sizes, can deliver or ship, each shirt is $20, shipping is $3), just PM me, email at krisdkul@gmail.com, and we'll be ordering Feb. 28 and again on Mar. 28. Links for paying through Paypal are to the right side of the blog.

We are so appreciative of and amazed at all of the people standing in the gap for us. Not only in their generosity, but in their participation in our lives. You are a part of our little pigtails' story. I'm so excited for her to know one day all the people that have shared in her journey home!

kk

No comments:

Post a Comment